Auglaize County Public District Library System will be closed through April 5th. We will reevaluate the situation on April 3rd. If you currently have library items checked out, please keep them until April 6th. All library card holders now have access to our online resources regardless of fines on your account. If you do NOT have a library card, please watch our website and Facebook page for more information about our new eCard becoming available later this week. Once again, thank you for your understanding.
[Update: March 13, 2020] —
[Update: March 9, 2020] — There are three confirmed cases of the Coronavirus (COVID-19) in Ohio. For more information, check the Ohio Department of Health website.
The OLC (Ohio Library Council) is continuing to monitor the latest information related to the Coronavirus (COVID-19) and is working with the Ohio Department of Health (ODH).
ODH advises that people follow the usual recommendations for reducing their risk of infection for other illnesses, such as influenza. These recommendations include:
- Wash your hands for 20 seconds or more with soapy water. If unavailable, use hand sanitizer.
- Avoid touching your eyes, nose, or mouth with unwashed hands.
- Avoid contact with people who are sick.
- Stay home while you are sick (except to visit a health care professional) and to avoid contact with others.
- Cover your mouth/nose with a tissue or sleeve when coughing or sneezing.
- Get adequate sleep and eat well-balanced meals to ensure a healthy immune system.